Fan Zone | Fan Fiction | Steffie | A Man Apart

Chapter Two

HE just sat there, alone and lonely, looking at the grave stone. It was hard for him to know that they buried his wife without him at the funeral. She had died about a few minutes after he was shot. Dave had been shot in his side and they must have hit a nerve because he was out for a month. A whole month without even knowing that his beloved wife had died. And not only his wife, but his child as well. His child, his daughter, his little princess that he never even got to hold and spoil rotten was taken away from him.

Dave sat in ground, his eyes locked on the grave stone. He had been looking at it for an hour now, just staring, not speaking, not even thinking. Some would think he wasn’t even breathing. And why should he? Everything he ever wanted was now gone. His wife, his heart, his child, his marriage, his LIFE had been taken away from him. He had nothing to live for anymore, so why didn’t he just drop dead right then and there.

The rain was pouring, crashing almost painfully onto his leather covered shoulders and back, yet he paid no attention it. Ever since he had woken up from his so called coma, he was numb. He couldn’t feel a thing, both physically and mentally. His face was pale and white as powder, but one could not tell if it was from the rain, or just from not eating in the past week. He was unable to get himself to do anything and surely he didn’t care about his health, or anything for that matter at the moment.

He wondered how it had went, her funeral. He hadn’t talked to anybody really since he left the hospital and he had given strict orders not to have any visitors. He wouldn’t even let John in, his best friend. He couldn’t look at anybody. All he wanted to see was her, and he knew that she wouldn’t come back, she was gone, gone forever. He wondered if they had put her in a white dress, or if they had put her in her favorite violet dress. He wondered if her hair was loose or in those stupid buns. And he wondered, and maybe just hoped at she had opened her eyes and told them she wasn’t really dead. But then reality brought him back and he realized that she was really gone.

Finally getting up, he stood straight, shoving his hands in his pocket. The leather pockets were filled with water, but he didn’t notice, he merely kept his hands in place and kept his eyes locked on the grave stone. He couldn’t stop reading the text that was carved into the stone.

LILLIAN GARCIA-BATISTA

LOVING WIFE, SISTER AND FRIEND TO MANY

FOR WE HAVE NOT LOST THIS BEAUTY, HEAVEN HAS ONLY GAINED AN ANGEL

“An angel, that she was,” he thought to himself. Finally, Dave let a tear fall down his cheek, an emotion he had been trying to hide for almost a week. The thunder began to rumble. But he just stayed there, deep in thought.

“I so often wonder why you are a police officer instead of a doctor after that statement,” her voice echoed in his mind. He closed his eyes, envisioning her when she gave him that sweet smile and giggle when she said those words. He sighed, realizing that it would only remain a memory.

He closed his eyes again, remembering when she had turned her head to look at him, her hair blowing so lovely in front of her face. The way her skirt would slightly fly up and that toothed smile that made an angel look unworthy of his wings. And then he saw it again. The one memory he had been trying to forget. He saw her smile fade, and he saw her fall to the floor, blood everywhere. He heard her whimpers and gasps of pain. And he saw her die.

Unable to take much more, Dave bowed his head down and turned to walk away, heading back to his car. He didn’t know what to do as he walked, it seemed that the rain was just coming down harder. He kicked his feet to the front, his eyes locked on the ground. A sniffle escaped his throat and he was about to break down. Stopping for a moment, he looked up to see one of his best friends standing a few feet away from him.

Randy Orton leaned against his car, fidgeting with his hands. It was obvious that he was nervous, or clueless about what to say. Dave walked up to him and sighed. “Hey man,” Randy softly said. Dave nodded, his eyes locked on the floor. “How you been?” Randy asked, but Dave didn’t reply, he just looked to the floor. “I’m sorry man,” Randy said after a short silence. But his words were barely even heard through the loud rain and thunder.

They stood in silence for a long moment, Dave not caring to do anything and Randy not knowing what to do. “Man, I was so worried about you. You had us all scared to death,” Randy suddenly blurted. Dave sniffled again, put kept his eyes locked on the ground. Randy took in a nervous breath, the water just dripping off his face. “We didn’t know what to do, what to think, I thought I was going to lose you forever like we did her,” Randy frantically said, his voice starting to choke up.

Dave looked up, finally looking at his friend. It was obvious that Randy had been upset, his eyes were red like a stop light that was evident even through this dark atmosphere was causing. Randy must have been crying and his body was shivering. For a slight second Dave wanted to know if it was because it was freezing or because he was upset. There was another long silence before Randy made his move.

He wrapped his arms tightly around Dave’s neck, hugging him tightly. Dave closed his eyes at the gesture, for the first time that day feeling a slight warmth of affection. But Dave didn’t hug him back, he kept his hands in his pocket. Randy hugged him tighter as if he let go, he would cease to be. Randy then pulled away, looking at Dave. Dave dodged his eyes and just left his car, hopping in the passenger seat of Randy’s car. Randy got in the driver’s seat and was about to start the engine, when he turned to Dave.

The once proud man was now soaking wet, his face pale and drained of all energy. He looked exhausted out of his mind but more importantly, he looked empty. It was as if he had turned hollow and his insides had been ripped out of him. His eyes no longer shone and his hair no longer stood straight. He just locked like a bag of skin thrown over skeleton.

“So what do we do now?” Randy dared to ask. Dave took in a deep breath and leaned back, cracking his neck. He then rubbed his goatee and looked like he was deep in thought. Then, for the first time in a week, Dave Batista opened his mouth to speak.

“We are going to find the fucker that shot my wife, and then kill him,” he said.

Chapter Three

Back

 

Reload