Fan Zone | Fan Fiction | Steffie | A Man Apart

Chapter One

“Dave honey, put me down,” Lillian squealed. Dave merely smirked and instead of fulfilling her request, wrapped his arms tighter around her waist and spun her around faster. She laughed even harder, her long blond hair flying with her movements. “Honey, this cant be good for the baby,” she giggled. At that moment he immediately put her back on her feet and dropped to her knees. He lifted her shirt and kissed her slightly bulging stomach.

“Oh princess, I’m so sorry. I bet you are throwing up in there after those hotdogs your mother ate and all that spinning,” he softly said. Lillian giggled, stroking her husband softly on his head. He tapped her stomach softly with his index finger, a sad look on his face. “But princess, I promise when you come out I’ll get a huge teddy bear to make it up to you,” he concluded, placing a soft kiss on her stomach and stroking her softly.

Lillian sighed, her fingers entangled in his gel covered hair. He placed one last kiss on her stomach before pulling her shirt back down and standing up. “Do you think she heard me? Do you think she forgives me?” he asked his wife in a serious tone. He loosely placed his hands on her hips. Lillian tried her best to suppress her giggles. “Gee, I dunno Dave. I am only 4 months pregnant, I doubt she even has ears yet,” she snorted. Dave however was not laughing.

“Oh god, she doesn’t forgive me, my princess already hates me, I’m a bad father,” he said in a serious sad voice. Lillian laughed again and cupped his face with her tiny hands, giving him a small peck on the lips. “You are too adorable, did you know that?” she asked. Dave was still looking rather sad. “I hope she forgives me,” he whispered. Lillian arched an eyebrow up, an amused look on her face. “And how are you so sure it is a girl?” she asked, sounding quite curious at his belief that their unborn child was a girl.

Dave shrugged, stepping a little closer to her. “If it was a boy, you would be kicking and screaming at night because he was too rowdy and you sure as hell wouldn’t be so sweet and nice anymore if it was a soccer ball kicking boy,” Dave proclaimed. Lillian tried to hold back her giggles. She sighed and cupped his face again, laying a soft kiss on his lips. “I so often wonder why you are a police officer instead of a doctor after that statement,” she said. Dave raised his eyebrows repeatedly before pecking at her lips lightly.

When they pulled apart, he looked deep into her eyes and just stared at her. She blushed, knowing her was examining her. “Oh god I love you,” he whispered. Lillian bit her lower lip, loving it when he expressed his love for her in words. “I’m hungry,” she whispered back. Dave flung his hands in the air, a fake shocked look on his face. “Great, I tell my wife I love her and she replies with an “I’m hungry”. Oh I feel so loved,” he yelled. Lillian crossed her arms over her chest, an eyebrow arched.

“Hey its your fault I’m always hungry,” she firmly said. “Oh, and how is that?’ he asked, walking back towards her. “Well, if you didn’t knock me up I wouldn’t have to eat for 2,” she stated. Dave smirked, knowing she was right. “Ok, ok, fair enough,” he said, obviously defeated. Lillian smiled when she saw a hotdog stand a few meters away from the pier she was standing on. “Oh, hotdogs!” she exclaimed. She ran up to Dave, kissed him, and while she kissed him, stuck her hand in his pocket and grabbed his wallet. “Love you too hun,” she quickly said and quickly made her way to the stand.

Dave smiled as he watched her. “That’s my wife,” he sighed to himself. When she was halfway to the stand, Dave had the sudden urge for a hotdog as well. He was too lazy to walk to the stand, so he would just yell to Lillian what he wanted. “Hey Lil!” he yelled, trying to catch her attention. And attract he did, as she stopped and only turned her head back to look at him. “Grab me a hotdog with extra relish!” he yelled. She smiled and nodded, pushing her hair behind her ear as the wind blew it in every direction.

Dave couldn’t help but sigh at the sight. The sight of her only turning her head, her back still to him. They way she smiled and placed her chin on her shoulder. The way the wind blew her hair and skirt in every direction. And suddenly it happened. People started screaming and running away at the sound of a loud shot. And Dave watched in slow motion as Lillian’s smile faded and she collapsed on the ground. It took him a few seconds to realize what happened, and then his feet did its work and he ran as fast as possible to her.

“Lillian,” he gasped, dropping to his knees and lifting her head up. She slightly coughed, her hand holding her stomach tightly. “Oh god, oh my god,” he frantically said, cupping her face. He quickly grabbed his cell phone and dialed 911. “Hello 911, what is the nature of your emergency?” the attendant called out. “Yes, I need an ambulance right away,” he cried on the phone. “Baby, put the phone down,” Lillian choked. Dave let a choked sob, not knowing what to do.

“Sir, what is the nature of your emergency?” the attendant repeated. “Please, just stay with me,” Lillian gasped. Dave let the cell phone fall, tears forming in his big brown eyes. “Everything is going to be all right,” he choked, looking deep in her eyes. Lillian nodded, a painful smile crossing her face. She softly whimpered as she held her stomach tighter. Dave looked down and saw that she was directly shot in her stomach.

He quickly took off his shirt, pushing it to her stomach for added pressure. “Everything is going to be all right, I promise,” he sniffled. Lillian nodded, ragged breaths escaping her throat. He rocked her slowly, pressing his already drenched shirt to her stomach. He kissed the top of her forehead, another tear slipping out of his eye. “You will be fine,” he said. Another whimper left her throat. “Dave.” She whispered, causing him to look at her. He pulled away, looking into her eyes.

“I wanted to surprise you on your birthday next week,” she sweetly and tiredly said. Dave pressed his lips together, nodding his head. “The doctor said it was a girl,” she gasped in pain, but smile still on her face. Ave whimpered, more tears in his eyes. “A little princess?” he asked. She slowly nodded her head. “Dave, I love you,” she gasped. But before Dave could reply, he heard another shot, and his eyes closed and fell on top of his wife.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dave fluttered his eyes open, his body soar like hell. He looked up and as his eyes adjusted, he saw the ceiling. “Damn, what a dream,” he mumbled to himself. He let out a deep breath and slightly crooned at his soar body. “Lillian baby, get up,” he yawned. No reply. “Lil, time to get up,” he repeated. Still no reply. Dave moved his hand out to touch her, but he felt a steel bar. Odd, his bed didn’t have a steel bar. His eyes finally adjusted to the full light and he looked at his arm. There were needles on his arm, and tubes were everywhere. He looked down and realized he was wearing a hospital gown.

“What the hell,” he mumbled. He looked up and saw a familiar face. He saw his best friend, John Cena standing over him. “Hey man,” John softly whispered, his eyes full of sadness. Dave was utterly confused. “Hey man, where is Lil?” he asked. John bit his lower lip, not really knowing what to tell him. He hesitated for a moment, a tear falling out of his eye. “Man, you need to relax,” John began. Now Dave was nervous. “Where is my wife?” Dave repeated.

John sniffled, and took in a deep breath. “We lost her man,” he sadly said. Dave’s eyes widened, not knowing what to say. “Where is she?” he demanded, his tone a little rough. John took in another deep breath. “Man, you were out for almost a month, we tought you were going man,” John added. Dave was getting restless, fear overcoming his body. “They buried her 3 weeks ago man,” John finally said. Dave started to breathe hard, his mind in complete shock. Dave quickly started ripping the needles out of his arm. John saw this and tried to stop him.

“Dave, calm down,” John said, trying to push him back on the bed by his shoulders. “Get the fuck away from me, I want my wife!” Dave screamed. He continued to rip the needles. John did the only thing he could think off and grabbed something out of his pocket. “They told me to give this to you,” John said. Dave’s eyes widened as he saw Lillian’s necklace with her wedding ring around it. “She’s gone man,” John said. This flipped Dave off.

“LILLIAN!” he screamed, yanking the tube out of his nose. “LILLIAN!” he yelled, trying to climb out of bed. John quickly grabbed him by his shoulders, hugging him tightly to keep him calm. “LILLIAN, LILLIAN!” he screamed, kicking and punching. John tried with all of his strength to keep him calm. “Dave please stay still,” John pleaded. Dave just couldn’t believe what was happening. “LILLIAN!” he screamed again, starting to cry. He finally gave up, holding on to John.

“It’s ok man, we will get through this,” John said, rubbing Dave along his back.

Chapter Two

Back

 

Reload