Fan Zone | Fan Fic | Simon | Evolving

Chapter Six

Come on, I have to kick out of this… Oh no, I'm trapped… My hair… My precious hair…

"No!!!"

It was too late, my fate was sealed. Petrification set in, the psycho woman clutching what should rightfully be mine, the Women's Title. Not only did she have that, but she now threatened my pride and joy, my silky locks of dark brown hair. I had to flee her; there was no way I could go through with the petty stipulation.

She was not going to let me off lightly though, pursuing me up the ramp as I fled in a fit of panic. Please leave me, there is no need to torment me; you have what you desire, 'my' title.

Why does it not surprise me that she is unrelenting? How ungrateful, after all I had done to help her establish herself. Heck, I trained her; something that had come back to bite me in a big way.

I cannot give up without a fight; I have to make her pay for her indiscretions.

I surprise her, take revenge and decide it's her who is going to lose her mane. Why won't this clipper work? Come on!

"Argh!!!"

Can't see… Get off my hair! Ugh…

No… No… NO!!!

Molly snapped out of her distressing nightmare, flailing her arms wildly. She was lying flat on a bed and felt very groggy.

"Molly?"

She could just about make out somebody's voice, through the wall of pain in her head. Whoever it was, restrained her and attempted to calm her down.

"Whoa babe, take it easy."

The gruff voice hardly soothed her agony, but it doused the flames of her tantrum at the very least. She endeavored to look to see who it was, but could only make out two blurred outlines. The room was bathed in a bright white glow, which strained her eyes.

"Molly, can you hear me?" said another man's voice on the other side of her bed.

"Ugh…" She grumbled indignantly.

"You've taken a bit of a bump, but don't worry we will have you right as rain in no time!" he chirped. Molly sighed to herself, 'I'm not in the mood for this…' She shut her eyes and allowed herself to drift off to sleep again.

He took my palm in one hand and cupped my chin in the other, his rough hands offering a rugged, yet soothing experience. I dared to chance a stare into his mesmeric gaze; his eyes radiated warmth and goodness. He had captured my heart and I was not complaining.

There was no need for spoken words to convey our emotions, as our lips connected in a moment brimming with electricity. Sparks flew as his tongue intertwined with mine, a thrilling moment of passion that made me feel good from my head to my toes.

I groaned, as his hands caressed my tingling flesh, exploring my natural curves. I could not resist a feel of my own, stroking his manly skin and becoming excessively aroused.

I had waited a long time for perfection like this and I was making the most of it. He was everything I had wished for in a man and more, somebody I could look up to and respect. He was my knight in shining armour and I was his beautiful damsel.

For the first time in my life, I felt attractive and had the self confidence to believe in myself. He helped me to dispel my trauma, the wickedness that was my past, and took me forward in his arms.

I melted in those very arms, full of love and happy thoughts. I trusted him with my life and hoped to spend the rest of that with him. The thought of him not being at my side was something I didn't wish to contemplate.

For the moment, it was nothing but an after thought, as his hand traveled sensually across my soft tummy towards my lower extremities. This was unchartered water and I felt feelings I was completely unfamiliar with. In the past I would have put up 'my' barrier, but with him I felt nothing but exhilaration…

"I love you." Molly purred subconsciously, not realizing she was talking in her sleep.

Stirring, she opened her eyes gingerly, once more blinded by the light in the room she was in. There was somebody stood over her, but she couldn't quite make out who it was.

"Who's there?" she attempted to find out.

"It's Dave." Her eyes started to become more accustomed to the light and she began to recognize the behemoth that was Batista. Instead of feeling intimidated, she actually felt at ease; dressed casually, she could see a genuine look of concern on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked caringly.

Molly rubbed her head and just about managed to raise an eyebrow. "I've felt better."

A couple of anxious seconds passed, as neither could think of the right thing to say. Dave decided to change the subject.

"You were talking in your sleep."

"Was I? What did I say?"

"I love you." he grinned.

"Oh, did I? Sorry…" her cheeks beamed a bright red glow, signaling her embarrassment. Dave grinned and held a hand up to let her know he wasn't bothered by it.

Retracing her steps, she tried to picture who she had been dreaming about and effectively lusting for, but it was a fruitless exercise. She turned her attention to her surroundings, slowly realizing she was in a hospital.

"What happened?" she inquired, trying to ascertain why she was laid out, flat on her back on a sick bed.

"You were blindsided by that psycho woman. She hit you round the back of the head with a steel chair, a revenge attack by the looks of it."

'Victoria. I should have known.' she deliberated. Molly knew that Victoria would seek some sort of retribution, but had not expected it so soon.

She could hazily recall the turn of events leading up to it, but nothing was clear in her minds eye. She had a hard time remembering what occurred after she'd left the commentary position.

A sickly feeling rumbled through her stomach, as she saw that Dave was the only person in the room with her. The other three members of Evolution were conspicuous by their absence, most notably Hunter.

"Where's Hunter?" she asked, hoping in her heart that he'd gone to get a coffee or something.

"He's gone out on the town with Ric. He told me that he might be able to make it later tomorrow."

Molly felt deflated upon learning that Hunter hadn't bothered to check in on her himself. In her mind she was convinced that she must have dropped the ball earlier in the evening and done something to cost Hunter his match.

"He's upset with me right?" She muttered dejectedly.

"You are kidding me right? Why do you think he's out on the town?" Dave reacted in a manner which didn't really assist Molly; his face didn't paint a lucid impression, nor did his voice give her anything to make her mind up for her.

"Because I let him down out there tonight, he must be furious…" she broke off for a second, as yet more pain bounced around the walls of her head. It gave Dave the opportunity to jump in and allay her fears.

"Mol, listen to me darling." he said, placing his fingers on her troubled forehead and gently massaging her soft skin, "You were great out there tonight. Without your help, he may well have lost his match and then there would have been hell to pay."

"He won?" Molly sounded surprised.

"Yes, he did. He's out on the town with Ric… to celebrate!" Dave chuckled, and pinched Molly's cheeks in a playful manner. "There's nothing for you to worry about."

With the weight lifted off of her shoulders, she puffed out her chest and let all the stress out.

"Listen, I am going to pop out and try and contact the guys, let them know you have come round. Sit tight, I won't be long." Dave said in a reassuring, yet assertive way. He smiled and turned to exit the room.

"Dave… Thanks." She stopped him in his tracks, throwing him off slightly.

He paused for a moment, "What for?"

"For being a great guy. I really appreciate you being here for me." Molly managed a brittle smile, ignoring her pain for a moment.

"Any time Mol… Any time." He said, before leaving Molly alone in the room.

She gingerly turned across onto her right side, letting her head rest on the pillow. She couldn't help but feel let down by Hunter not being there at her side. She was genuinely thankful that Dave had been a gentleman and sat with her, but the harsh reality was that she would much rather have seen Hunter than him.

That prompted her to believe that it had been Hunter she had dreamt about, she could feel her heart yearning for him. She retraced her steps one more time to try and get an image of the man she'd fantasized about, but to no avail. Despondently, she sighed and reluctantly let all her thoughts of affection drain away.

She lay quiescent for a few minutes, until a random thought popped into her head. 'If Hunter and Ric are out on the town, and Dave is here at the hospital with me… Where is Randy?'

Chapter Seven

Back

 

Reload