Fan Zone | Fan Fic | Simon | Evolving

Chapter Seven

Molly marched into the arena on the night of Survivor Series like a woman scorned; The fact that nobody aside from Dave had bothered to check up on her during her stay in hospital, meant it was safe to say she her mood was as cold as the weather outside. She had repaid the compliment by avoiding them, but that had made little difference really. They didn't seem to care one jot.

With the title belt draped over her shoulder, and dragging a bag behind her, she found the nearest member of staff to vent her fury upon.

"Hey, you!" she barked, finding a suitable candidate, "Where's the Evolution dressing room tonight?"

The young guy she confronted gave her a blank look and shrugged his shoulders, he didn't appear to care. His attitude infuriated the already volatile Molly; she could feel her blood boiling. She made it perfectly clear that she needed a definitive answer.

"Now, let's get one thing straight." She said in a calm voice, hiding the fact she was irate, "Either you tell me where Evolution are, or I will not hesitate to put this fist into your face. Understand?"

Dropping her belongings, she held up her right fist and slowly clenched it into a tight ball. The lad sprung to attention when he noticed Molly's lips form a vicious pout and her eyes cast a stinging gaze. He held his hands up, and pleaded with her.

"L-listen M-miss… I d-don't k-know." He faltered, fear gripping his body. He backed up as Molly inched towards him menacingly, until he could retreat no further. The man cringed as Molly motioned to throw a punch, only to be stopped in her tracks at the last second.

"Molly! Stop right now!"

She paused, and gritted her teeth in annoyance at the distraction. She scowled at the man who was still cowering in fear against the wall, but eventually took pity on him.

"Get out of here!" she yelled at him. He chanced a look, and scurried away like a shot once he saw she had dropped her fist.

Molly turned her attention to the person who had stopped her laying somebody out. She wasn't too thrilled to see that it was Eric Bischoff.

If Evolution were listed at number one in her bad books, then Eric Bischoff was not far behind at number two. He hadn't visited her or contacted her either, which bugged her. As 'his' Women's Champion, she figured her boss should have respected her a little more and shown a little more interest.

"What's gotten into you Molly?" He questioned her, "What's the problem?"

Molly was astounded that he even needed to ask what her problem was. She thought about an explanation, but felt he wasn't worthy of one. Adopting that mind-set, she recovered her items on the ground and walked straight past him.

"Hey, wait a minute young lady! Don't ignore me!"

"How ironic." She sneered under her breath and continued to pace away from him.

"We haven't even discussed your match tonight!"

Molly stopped dead in her tracks, rocked by the revelation that she was to have a match on the card for that night. The doctors had told her she was not to wrestle for a couple of weeks, in order to fully recover from the effects of the blow to her head.

With a puckered brow, she faced Bischoff in order to protest.

"A match? You are kidding me?"

Bischoff traded a scornful look of his own and shook his head slowly from side to side.

"I cannot compete! Don't you know where I've been the last week or so?" Molly bleated.

Bischoff tapped his chin for a second, suggesting he didn't know where she had been. He was playing dumb however and responded with a scathing attack.

"Yes I do know where you've been Molly… And I have to say I am very disappointed! I bent over backwards to help you get that title and to have the opportunity to work with Evolution… and how do you repay me? You sit around feeling sorry for yourself, you don't even bother to let me know you weren't going to be at Raw, and you swan in here on one of the biggest nights on our cal

endar like you're the one who has been harshly treated!" Molly was shocked into silence for a moment, being taken aback by his barrage of words.

"I had a concussion!"

"A concussion?"

"Yes."

"So poor little Molly had a bump on her head and has sat around waiting for it to get better… Give me a break!" Bischoff ridiculed her.

Not surprisingly, Molly was disgusted by the contempt Bischoff was showing towards her injury, but knew she would be wasting her breath protesting any more. She hated backing down to anyone, but realized that there wasn't going to be any sort of a sympathy vote from him. With that in mind she decided to cut to the chase.

"Okay, I get the message Eric… You better tell me about this match."

Bischoff was about to continue his tirade, until he noted that Molly had abruptly lost interest in arguing the toss. He dusted himself down and walked over to stand alongside Molly, who despite standing with her hands on her hips, seemed to have quelled the aggression inside of her.

"Ah yes, the match," he began, catching his breath, "This feud between you and Victoria needs to stop… right here, right now. I can't have my talent jeopardized from week to week because of a petty grudge."

Molly bit her lip, trying not to react to his suggestion that the animosity between herself and Victoria was insignificant. Flicking some loose strands of hair out the way, she issued a command with her eyes for him to continue.

"So it's going to be Molly Holly… versus Victoria… for the Women's title…"

"Fair enough." She said resentfully, "If that's all, I'll be on my way…"

"Wait a minute, I assume you know that this isn't going to be any old match?" Bischoff halted Molly before she could dash off. Molly had no idea what he was talking about.

"It is going to Molly versus Victoria… Women's title… Hell in a Cell…"

Molly's complexion turned pale at the thought of such a brutal match.

"What! I can't wrestle in a match like that!" she remonstrated, throwing a fit of panic.

"You can… and you will." Bischoff pointed out in the bluntest possible manner. He was enjoying every second of Molly's torment, as she looked positively nauseous about the pending bout.

"Good luck Molly." He scoffed and left her to stand and ponder her fate. She had limited experience of no holds barred wrestling, but had never competed in anything that resembled the demonic structure of Hell in a Cell. Add in the fact that she was coming back from a head injury and the recipe was there for disaster.

Molly couldn't understand why Bischoff had turned on her all of a sudden, they had always shared a good working relationship. She knew there was something going on, but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

She wandered around the backstage area for several minutes in an attempt to locate the Evolution dressing room. On finding it, she hesitated at the door for a moment. Instead of bursting in, she decided to cup her ear to the door, and take in the discussion going on behind it.

"Hey guys, Bischoff has told her."

"How did she take it?"

"What do you think Ric? She is shitting herself about it!"

"Are you sure this is a good idea Hunter?"

"Are you going soft or something Dave?"

"No… But she doesn't really deserve this does she?"

"Ha ha ha. It's time for her to prove her worth to us."

"Trips is right Dave. She hasn't proven herself yet."

"I guess."

"If she wins, Evolution will come out of it smelling of roses…"

"And if she loses?"

"We don't accommodate losers…"

Whilst it was nigh on impossible for her night to get any worse, the startling revelations she had just heard took the biscuit. Her supposed allies had plotted the match, with no regard for her; it was a stunt simply designed to get them over.

She couldn't believe how foolish she had been, not only to trust Evolution in the first place, but to ever think that Hunter could be a gentleman. She had spent many hours over the past week or two thinking of him and dreaming of being by his side. That image had been shattered with the revelations she'd overheard.

In a strange way it helped her however; it only served to make her more determined, it helped her stifle her fear of the match she was destined to compete in. On its own, the mere fact that her arch rival and nemesis Victoria was there for the taking, should have been motivation enough. The backstabbing only served to focus that motivation.

"You want to be careful, eavesdropping on the Evolution dressing room." A voice came from over her shoulder, giving her a fright. For the first time since joining Evolution, Randy Orton spoke to her.

Wearing only the shorts and boots that comprised his ring attire, he was sweating profusely and panting for breath. It was obvious that he had just completed a match, but Molly showed neither any interest, nor any sort of empathy.

"You want to watch you don't get a kick in the nuts." Molly snarled, not caring to speak to him at that point in time, or at all for that matter.

"Temper, temper." Randy taunted. He shook his finger, beaming his customary smug grin.

"Whatever. I should have known better than to trust you losers…" Molly frowned, locking her angry gaze onto Randy's.

Randy exchanged a quizzical look, trying to ascertain what she was referring to. He was convinced she was happy to be in Evolution, so her reaction was a bolt out of the blue as far as he was concerned.

"Don't worry; your little plan to have me humiliated in front of millions of people isn't going to work. Victoria is going to be sorry she ever crossed me!" she cried defiantly.

"What?"

"The Hell in a Cell match, I know all about you morons setting it up. Nice try."

"Wait a minute…"

Back

Next Page

Reload