Fan Zone | Fan Fic | Simon | Evolving

Chapter Five

"Well ladies and gentlemen; we're being joined here by the Women's Champion, Molly Holly." J.R. informed the viewers.

"Shut up!" Molly barked at the pocket of fans surrounding the announcer's position, who were giving her a hard time. It was the last place she wanted to be, especially when she noticed Jerry Lawler leering at her. She frowned as she put her headset on to join in on the commentary.

"To what do we owe this pleasure then Molly?" J.R. inquired. Molly looked at him as if he was stupid.

"Did you not see last week? The women's champ is part of Evolution. And in case you hadn't noticed, Triple H is the main man of Evolution." She shook her head in annoyance. At this point, Jerry Lawler tried to lighten the mood, but only succeeded in irritating her further.

"Let me say, you are looking mighty fine tonight Molly. Your new look is doing wonders for you!" he said with a creepy look on his face.

Molly did indeed look fine, wearing a sky blue silk blouse and a crisp pair of black pants. She now found herself spending a lot longer on her makeup than she used to, something she knew she might regret with the presence of Lawler.

"Excuse me? You can keep your seedy thoughts to yourself, thank you very much!"

"I was only saying."

In the ring, Triple H was putting the hurt on Chris Jericho in their number one contenders match for the World Heavyweight Title. After ducking an attempted clothesline by Y2J, he caught him with a punishing neckbreaker.

"That's it Hunter!" Molly was at least allowing herself to enjoy the beating being dished out to Jericho.

"So Molly, what's the deal with you and Evolution?" J.R. tried to dig for dirt.

"I really don't think that is any of your business J.R." Molly retorted.

"Hell Molly, we're only trying to make conversation. What has happened to you over the past couple of years?" J.R. persisted.

"What are you trying to say?" Molly was disturbed by the question.

"Yes Molly, what happened to the little blonde bombshell that used to be sweeter than sugar!" Lawler said, licking his lips at the thought of how she looked in the past. Molly's initial instinct was to fly off the handle, but she just about managed to contain her anger and ignored his remarks.

"No, I didn't mean that King." J.R. sighed. "What I meant was, why do you harbour all this hatred towards everybody?"

Molly paused before offering an answer. "They all deserve it. They treat me like I am nothing, people should respect me!"

Deep down in her heart of hearts though, she knew that J.R. had a point. The fans used to adore her, she was their darling. There were times she wished she still got reactions like that, but the reality was she achieved nothing during her 'sweet as sugar' days.

"What did I ever win as the nice girl J.R.?"

"You won people's respect lady. Beating people up and talking trash isn't going to impress anybody."

Molly was being distracted from the task in hand, although she allowed herself a second to check out Hunter's progress; Jericho had managed to turn the tables and HHH was beginning to labour.

"J.R. is right Molly, even I thought you took it too far with Victoria a couple of weeks back." Lawler broke character for a second to weigh in with his opinion.

"How many more times!" Molly was sick and tired of being castigated for her actions against Victoria, "She shaved my head at WrestleMania!"

"Of course… Hey that wig of yours looks realistic!" Lawler screeched. 'What wig?' she thought, running her hands through her hair. In a split second she became conscious that it was a joke, causing the fuse inside of Molly to snap. She pouted her lips for a moment, before unleashing a wicked slap.

"Idiot." Molly snapped. She was surprised to see a couple of fans in front of the commentary position applauding her for putting Jerry Lawler in his place. 'Guess I'm not the only one who hates his guts.'

"Don't look at me King, you asked for that." J.R. begrudgingly sided with Molly, at least on this occasion.

She left the announcer's position in order to get down to ringside. The enormity of the situation dawned on her, as she made her way down the ramp way to aid Hunter. Despite being a professional wrestler for several years, she had rarely been in the limelight and was not used to such prominence.

She had wrestled, albeit disastrously, on the biggest stage of them all at WrestleMania XX, but felt much more anxious about being at ringside with Triple H for a match on Raw. The thought of losing her hair on that night was appalling, but as she reached the ring apron and looked up to see Triple H struggling in the Walls of Jericho, she felt positively nauseous.

"Molly… Sledgehammer…" Hunter said, grimacing in pain as Jericho applied more pressure to the submission hold. Molly felt as though time was standing still, as she froze up. She wanted to help, but couldn't transmit anything useful through the mush that represented her chain of thinking in that instant.

There was no use in getting the weapon and breaking the hold; a disqualification was not going to secure the all important title shot at Survivor Series. 'Think Molly… come on, think!' She stood trancelike, as Hunter visibly began to crack.

"Get out of the way!" came a voice from over her shoulder, as she found herself being shoved out of the way.

It was Randy Orton, who proactively jumped onto the ring apron and distracted the referee for long enough for Molly to make a difference. Randy stared furiously in her direction, the ire burning in his eyes. Molly was intimidated into action, scurrying around the ring to retrieve Hunter's object of suffering.

She instinctively knew where to find it, Hunter was nothing if not meticulous; he always had a sledge hammer planted in a certain spot underneath the ring. Before the match, he had told Molly to steer clear of the ring, but in an emergency she was to retrieve the weapon for him.

"You retrieve it, but don't put your neck on the line. I'll deal with Jericho."

Hunter's pre-match instructions rang through her head, as she hurriedly collected the hammer. Jericho noticed her scheming intention and frustratingly broke his hold in order to deal with her.

"I'll deal with Jericho."

"Sorry Hunter." She mumbled to herself as Jericho expressed his disapproval at her next to the ropes. She primed the weapon out of his line of sight and waited for the chance to land a telling blow.

"Haven't you caused me enough grief?" Jericho moaned.

Molly shrugged and took a step back, assessing the situation. Orton was still arguing with the official who was ordering him to leave, which left her window of opportunity open. She tightened her grip on the sledge hammer and as Jericho averted his gaze from her for a split second, she swung it recklessly into his abdomen.

The blow knocked the stuffing out of Jericho and left him vulnerable to the recuperating Hunter; in the twinkling of an eye his face was driven into the mat with a brutal Pedigree.

"1… 2… 3…"

Molly remembered nothing else, as she felt her lights being turned out…

Chapter Six

Back

 

Reload