Fan Zone | Fan Fiction | Steffie | Make Me Forget

Chapter Six

Molly shuffled for a moment, shifting her body to the side of the bed. She fluttered her eyes open, lightly squinting when the sun flashed her eyes. She crooned for a moment, her body still tried and slightly aching from the night before. She then turned to her side and smiled brightly at the sight. Chris laid asleep next to her, looking like a peaceful baby. Molly simply stared at him lovingly, taking in the peaceful moment. His hair laid sparred all over his face. His obvious naked body was wrapped loosely in the white bed sheet, his lower abs somewhat peeking out.

She traced his jaw line with her fingertip and leaned over to softly kiss his cheek. "I love you more than you will can possibly know," she whispered. With that she slipped out of bed and headed to the bathroom. When she was just that the door, she turned back to Chris, looking at the sleeping form in the bed. A small frown crossed her face and she ducked her head down, causing her hair to drape along her cheeks. "I can't have him get hurt," she mumbled to herself. She took in a deep breath and headed for the shower.

20 minutes later Molly emerged from the bathroom, fully dressed and ready to go. She sighed happily when she noticed that Chris was still fast asleep and had not moved a muscle. She tip toed her way to the phone and picked up a note pad, dribbling a little note for Chris.

Dear Chris,
I went to the hospital to check on Dawn.
Don't worry about me, I can do this.
Please make sure you take a shower and eat something before you leave.
And don't forget to shave! Love you to pieces,
Molly.

Molly slightly giggled at what she wrote in the letter. Humor was the only thing that would keep her sane at the moment, and she couldn't afford to break down. Not on Paul Heyman's account. She sighed and turned to walk to the door, but something made her stop midway. She turned back to the bed and looked at Chris. "I love him," she thought to herself. Se went over to the bed and sat on the edge next to her sleeping husband. She brushed a strand of hair away from his eye. "I love you," she whispered into his ear, laying a soft kiss on his bare shoulder.

With that she stood up and headed to the door, ready to go see her best friend that was lying in the hospital.

GENERAL HOSPITAL, FRIDAY MORNING:
Molly hesitantly entered the entrance of the hospital. She fidgeted with her fingers, making slow short steps toward the front desk. She looked around nervously, not really liking what she was seeing. Molly has never liked hospitals, they always scared the living hell out of her. She tried to avoid overnight staying in there when she was injured. Her eyes welled up and her breath caught when she saw the patients walking around. She saw an old man with a patch on his eye and his arm wrapped in a cast sitting by the sitting area watching TV. An old woman was walking around with a cane, having trouble with taking steps forward. And then she saw a little girl, walking rather crooked with a teddy bear in her hand.

Molly quickly diverted her attention from them and made her way straight to the front desk. "Good morning miss. How can I help you?" the attendant at the desk asked. Molly swallowed hard and leaned into the desk. "Yes, a friend on mine was taken in last night with a head injury," Molly softly said. "The wrestler?" the attendant asked. Molly nodded her head, looking at the woman. "Yes, she was in the ER last night, but she is stable now," the woman informed her. Molly let out a sigh of relief, thankful that Dawn seemed to be fin.

"Can I see her?" Molly asked. The attendant started typing on her keyboard, looking at the computer screen. "Sure, but not to long, she needs her rest," the woman informed. Molly nodded her head, understanding completely what she meant. "Let me check if she is available for a visit at the moment," the woman said. Molly turned her head to the side while she waited for a number to Dawn's room. Molly's attention fell to back to the little girl with the teddy bear. A small smile crossed her face when she noticed that the little girl was now on the floor next to the old man watching. But her smile quickly turned into a frown when she saw that the girl's thighs were wrapped up in bandages.

"Yes, you can visit her. The gentleman she came with left about an hour ago. She is in room 423 on the fourth floor," the attendant said, pointing to the elevator. Molly nodded her head in gratitude and was about to leave, but something held her back. "Excuse me, but what actually happened to that little girl?" Molly asked. The attendant slightly stood up to look at the little girl and gave Molly a small frown. "She was raped by her father's boss," the woman said. Molly let out a deep breath and turned her heels, heading to the elevator. She had to see Dawn before she would break down even more.

Taking in a deep breath, Molly carefully entered the white walled room, eyeing the bed intently. A frown crossed her face, and the tears welled in her eyes, unable to keep them in. Dawn laid there, looking lifelessly asleep on the bed. She carefully made her way to Dawn and halted when she reached the railing. She bit her lower lip, trying desperately not to cry.

"Hey Dawn," Molly softly whispered. She pushed the strands of hair that laid sparred over Dawn's face away and softly kissed her forehead. Molly then sat on the edge of the bed and took Dawn's hand in hers. "How are you honey?" Molly asked, slightly pulling Dawn's finger. The silence was unbearable and Molly nearly broke down right then and there.

"I'm sorry," Molly whispered ever so softly. She ducked her head down and sniffed loudly, a single tear falling down her cheek. Molly then lifted her head up and looked at Dawn. Dawn was still unconscious. The hospital had taken off her wrestling gear and put her in a hospital dress. She had a breathing mask put over her face, covering her nose and mouth. Apparently, Dawn had fallen pretty awkward, and had problems with breathing. She was given a ventilator to help her, but the sight was still painful.

Molly played with Dawn's finger, trying to think of something to say. Even though Dawn probably couldn't hear her, Molly thought that now would be the only time she guts to do this. "Do you remember when we were in WCW together?" Molly suddenly choked out. She sniffled a bit, pushing a chunk of her brown hair behind her ear. A sudden soft smile crossed Molly's face. "I remember when you used to scream that you wanted ice cream after every match," she softly joked.

Molly edged herself more on the bed and took in a deep breath. "Yeah, and when you would scream if we couldn't find your spanky pants," she added, an even bigger smile on her face. "Or, or, or, when we used to spend hours on the phone when we were in the same hotel," she added. But her smile soon faded when her eyes gazed back at Dawn's face. "Back then I was a good friend," Molly softly whimpered ducking her head down.

She sniffled again and then looked back at Dawn. "I remember when WCW went down, I promised that I would look after you and have your back and I broke that promise," Molly concluded. There was something about the way that Dawn was just laying there that made Molly understand something. It was something that Molly suddenly understood and that she was ready to face. "Vicky just had a concussion, too bad you weren't that lucky," Molly said. She go up and leaned forward to give Dawn a kiss on her forehead.

She then turned to walk away, heading back to the door. She was just about to leave, when something pulled on to her. Molly looked over her shoulder at dawn and frowned. "My mother always told me that when you are lying in a hospital bed, your spirit leaves your body just to look over your friends and loved ones until you get better. If that is the case, then I know you are doing that now," she softly said. Molly then took in a deep breath and licked her lips.

"Don't watch over me, I don't want you to see what I am going to do to those assholes," Molly concluded, a tear falling out of her eye. With that she stood up and headed back to her world, ready to plot her revenge.

Chapter Seven

Back

 

Reload