Fan Zone | Fan Fic | Simon | Evolving

Chapter Three

As expected, there was a welcoming committee awaiting Molly's arrival at the arena for Monday Night Raw. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was the usual howls of derision and name calling that she was getting well used to. She had resolved to be thick skinned tonight, as there was far more important business to attend to.

She parked up and sauntered through the backstage area with a measure of confidence. Title belt slung over her shoulder, she made her way to the General Manager's office for the second week running. Bischoff must have been expecting her, because he was stood in the corridor to greet her.

"Molly… so good to see you!" he beamed, holding out his palm for a handshake. She looked at his outstretched hand, and accepted his offer with a big smile emanating from her face. Her mood had improved a great deal over the weekend and she felt ready to take on the world.

"Mr. Bischoff, thanks for last week's gesture."

"It's a pleasure, I owed you one." Molly looked puzzled as he confessed this, "I let you down earlier this year, after all you did for me during your last run as champion. I mean, I did nothing to stop that vicious feud with Victoria and all the teasing you have had to put up with." He showed there was a soft centre beneath that cold exterior of his; it must have been well hidden away.

"We make a good team… speaking of teams, where do we go from here?" Molly asked, as this was the one thing that had bugged her since discovering the truth about the turn of events leading to her title win.

"All will be revealed, have no fear. First you get a chance to have your say, Chris Jericho has requested your presence in tonight's Highlight Reel." Molly raised her eyebrows at the prospect of being in the limelight at last.

Molly had cut promos before, but never on the sort of scale as the one she would be involved in on this night. Jericho's Highlight Reel was usually the domain for the top performers on the show, and tonight she got her shot at being included in that company. Casting her mind back to her promos from the past, they all had something in common - she invariably ended up on the wrong end of some abuse; whether verbal or physical. 'Not tonight' she thought.

Chris Jericho occupied the ring, the usual fanfare and extravagance of his Highlight Reel all around him; not to mention the fact he sported his usual outrageous outfit. The audience appeared to be packed with Jericholics, showing their appreciation for the self proclaimed King of the World.

"Welcome to… RAW… IS… JERICHO!!!"

Once the crowd's fervor had died down, Jericho introduced everyone to his guest for the evening.

"Tonight on the Highlight Reel I am being joined by perhaps the most despicable diva in the WWE today." The crowd played to Chris by pulling faces implying that Molly was not easy on the eyes, "Ha, well I guess all you guys know best, but I was referring to her attitude!"

"Anyway… Ladies, gentleman and Jericholics of all ages, the new WWE Women's Champion… Molly Holly!"

Molly's music hit the arena and she stepped out into the arena to a chorus of boos. After weeks of dressing in plain black pants and corsets, she had opted for a new look; dressed in jeans and a casual sweater, her silky brown hair shining radiantly. With her newly acquired belt strapped proudly around her waist, she ran her hands through her locks and thrust her fists into the air in a defiant salute. On her way to the ring, one of the hoards of jeering fans thrust a banner in her face reading 'Evolution's Bitch'; Molly's answer was to grab the sign and tear it up dramatically. "I'm the champ, I'm nobodies bitch!" she yelled.

Jericho applauded Molly as she entered the ring between the bottom and middle ropes, but it wasn't a congratulatory gesture. He was mocking her for her heinous actions of the previous week and the soft way she acquired the title strap.

"Well Molly, I have to say you shocked the world last week. Yeah, you even shocked Y2J. You did it! You actually did it… You won a match!" The crowd roared their approval, whilst Molly shook her head.

"Come on baby, lighten up, you're the champion!" Molly nodded to the audience and stroked her belt to confirm Jericho's statement. "How does it feel to be the new Heavyweight Women's Champion? HEAVYWEIGHT!"

Molly cringed as she couldn't help but be sensitive about her weight. She picked up the microphone sat one of the chairs in the ring and tried to get a word in edge ways.

"Who cares Jericho? The idiots in the crowd don't care! Not that I give a damn about them anyway!" Riling the already tempestuous crowd further.

"I deserve this title whether any of you like it or not, so you had all better get used to it!"

"Whoa, whoa, junior! You deserve it? I beg to differ baby!"

"I erm… well…" she stuttered, "I don't have to justify anything to you! I won the match!" Molly was trying her hardest not to be flustered by the extroverted Jericho, which was easier said than done.

"How's about we roll the tape from last week and judge for ourselves?" Jericho asked the audience, who responded in the affirmative.

The Titantron showed the climax of Molly's match with Victoria, starting with the Widow's Peak. As Molly crashed down in a heap, the camera turned to the ramp where Triple H was directing Batista towards the ring. Victoria saw the impending arrival of the 'Animal of Evolution' and spun around quickly to make her escape, having no clue what his intentions were.

She hadn't counted on the ref being situated behind her, Vicky not having time to react. They collided, leaving the ref out of action, whilst she was conscious enough to see Batista marching towards her menacingly. She groaned as he manhandled her off the mat and into position for his finisher, the Batista Bomb. In a flash she was thundered into the canvas, and the last ounce of consciousness flickering away was snuffed out.

Batista moved the recovering Molly over Victoria and fled from the ring, his job complete. Triple H was dragging another official into the fray, instructing him to count the pin fall. Reluctantly the ref rolled into the ring and thumped the mat three times for the decision and the bell rang to end the controversial contest. Batista and Triple H scampered from the scene, before Molly came round, without revealing the motive for their actions.

When Molly snapped out of her own trance, she couldn't believe her luck at snaring the title. She was visibly bewildered at the outcome, but eyed up Victoria's prone state gleefully. There was no need for a second invitation as she took the newly acquired belt and destroyed her mercilessly.

"That's a damn screw job Molly!" Molly didn't seem bothered at all, as she enjoyed the footage. A wicked smirk slowly manifested itself on her face.

"And what sort of sick perversion did you get out of beating Victoria to a pulp? She's at home convalescing because you are nothing but a heartless bitch!"

Molly grimaced, "You must have missed WrestleMania Jericho, she shaved my head and made me look a damn freak! I exacted my form of justice… And if you're watching Victoria… This is far from over. I'm gonna make your life a misery!"

"Wow, the fat girl talks a good game!" Jericho grinned at the ammunition Molly had just given him. "By the way, we all see you've got the new look and everything now, but some things stay the same… everyone in the back still think you're Baldilocks!"

Molly threw a tantrum at his jibe, throwing her belt to the floor and subconsciously checking her hair was still there; the scars of being bald were hard to cover up. She continued to flap her arms around furiously until she was stopped in her tracks by a welcome intervention. The lights dimmed and shrouded the arena in a wonderful gold glow, the theme of Evolution playing.

Jericho surveyed the scene, "And here come the three bears…" his voice tailing off as he saw Triple H, Batista and Ric Flair make their way towards the ring. Randy Orton was conspicuous by his absence, but the faction didn't look as if they were perturbed; they were in the mood to rumble.

Molly's pendulum of emotions swung once more to satisfaction, as she stood back and watched Jericho flip out. Molly stealthily shuffled behind Jericho as he remonstrated with his advancing enemies.

As Evolution reached the ring apron, Triple H held his hands up in a peaceful gesture. Jericho was apprehensive to trust their devious leader, previous experience told him that much.

He hadn't counted on the scheming ways of Molly though, as he let his guard down for a second and allowed her to exploit it. She delivered a venomous low blow, which knocked the wind out of his sails. He came crashing down to earth in agony, as Molly laughed hysterically at his expense.

"What's the matter Chris? No more below the belt jokes now hey?" She added insult to injury by landing a couple more cheap kicks, before turning him over to HHH and company to finish the job. Ric and Batista dragged him up and restrained him as Molly positioned herself at the side of Hunter for them to taunt him in unison. The Game finished Y2J off with a brutal Pedigree, standing over the fallen superstar and performing his trademark 'I am the man' pose; flexing his immense arms.

Jericho's conquerors celebrated triumphantly, the seeds to an unholy alliance between Molly and Evolution sown. It was the dawn of a new era of potential domination for the super power, sending shockwaves through the locker room. For Molly, it couldn't get much better than this…

Chapter Four

Back

 

Reload