Fan Zone | Fan Fic | Rachel and Brandy | Stand Back!

Chapter Two

"Would you PLEASE get your feet off of my seat?"

Shane slowly opened one eye and looked at Molly. She sat across from him on the private plane Vince had hired to take them to their destination. Closing his eye again, he said calmly, "If you don't like it, why don't you move?" Molly, grunted and shoved his feet off of her armrest, where they had been laying.

"Because I was here first. You move!" Shane stood, stretching and let out a loud yawn.

"Don't matter. We're here now." Molly turned, looking out the window at the beautiful snow-covered hills all around. Silently rising, she grabbed her carry-on and headed for the plane's exit. Shane followed closely behind, carrying his laptop. Suddenly, the bandage that she had so far managed to hide from Shane, slipped causing the handle of the bag to dig into the blistered flesh. Letting out a yelp, she stopped in her tracks and dropped the bag. Shane smacked into her from behind with a grunt.

"Jesus, Molly! Don't you know better tha-- What's wrong?" Immediatley taking note of the pained expression on Molly's face, he too, dropped his bag and gently turned her around to fully face him.

"I-It's nothing. I burnt it earlier...." Shane looked down to see her clenching and unclenching her right hand around her left wrist, as if to stop the pain. Lifting her hand closer to his face, he noticed for the first time, the nasty-looking blisters that covered the palm of her hand. Without thinking, he softly brushed his lips against the tender flesh. Realization dawned, and he looked down into Molly's eyes, seeing a flash of what had once been between them. As quickly as it appeared, though, it was gone to be replaced by anger. She jerked her hand from his grasp and curled it into a fist, ignoring the screaming pain shooting through it.

"It's a little too late to 'kiss it and make it better', don't ya think, Shane?" Molly asked sarcastically. He knew she was referring to more than the burns on her hand, but before he could blink, she once again picked up the suitcase and made her way off the plane. Shane slowly followed, cursing himself for a fool. Why the hell did I just do that? he asked himself. It's not as if she gives two damns about what I feel...that I hate to see her in pain. Jesus! Why can't I just get it together? Stepping out of the plane into the bright sunlight, he squinted, catching sight of a hummer limo waiting. Damn, Vince really went all out for this, didn't he? Slipping through the door Molly had just disappeared into, he let out a loud sigh.

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the dimness of the vehicle's plush interior. He blinked rapidly, finally focusing on Molly, scrunched up as far as she could get to the window furthest from him. He grinned, determined to make this trip every bit as miserable for her as it was going to be for him. Sliding across the black leather seats, he scooted up to Molly until his thigh was almost brushing hers. She turned from her scenery watching and glared at him.

"Do you mind?" Shane propped his feet up on the small ottoman there for just that reason. He smirked, noting her annoyed expression.

"Not at all, sweetheart. You're welcome to sit as close to me as you like...."

Molly huffed, and turned, once again looking out at the quickly passing scenery and allowing Shane to study her profile. Damn, if it was possible, she was even more beautiful now than a year ago. He liked her ahir brown: it seemed to bring out the soft pink of her skin. The eyes that had once stared lovingly into his own, were heavily lashed and a piercing cobalt blue. Shane's gazed traveled lower, pausing briefly on her generous breasts. Subconsciously licking his lips, he thought back to how it felt to have those breasts pressed up against him. He gave a low grunt and eased himself bit farther away from Molly. Maybe it would be a better idea to leave some space between them.

Molly, meanwhile had located them intercom button and pressed it, asking the driver how long it would be before they got to their destination. "Around an hour and a half, miss." Molly sighed, resigned to spend more time within the close confines of the car. At least on the plane she'd been able to get up and go to the bathroom, rather than spend every moment with him. She chanced a glance over at him, seeing that he had already fallen asleep. She took a second to glance over him, much the same way he had done her moments earlier. His hair was much shorter now, and green to match his character's costume. If at all possible, he looked even cuter now than when they had been together. Stop it, Molly! Just stop it! she told herself. She knew in her heart of hearts that she stilled loved Shane as much as she ever had....it was just that trusting him wasn't going to be easy. Especially after what he'd done to her. Leaning her head back against the seat, she let exhaustion take over as she too, fell into a dreamless sleep.

He awoke to soft, small hands smoothing their way across his chest, under his jacket. Cautiously opening an eye, he glanced down to find Molly curled up against him, much the same way she used to. Her eyes closed, dark lashes making dark smudges under them...God but she was beautiful. She murmured something in her sleeping, snuggling closer to him. Shane shifted slightly in his seat, having long forgotten what she did to him. His otherwise roomy jeans had gotten a bit snug and the last thing he needed was any sort of temptation. He closed his eyes, willing himself to go back to sleep...but her scent, that smell he had gone so long without, assaulted his nose making it almost impossible fall back asleep. Perring down at her upturned face, he couldn't resist. He leaned in, pressing his lips softly against hers.

Molly was having the most wonderful dream. Shane and she were back together, him telling her that the woman she had seen him hugging that fateful day last year had meant nothing to him....that all he wanted was her. She could almost feel his lips on hers, his tongue begging entrance into the moist darkness of her mouth. She complied, wanting the dream to last as long as possible. Molly's tongue darted out to play with Shane's, each one savoring the feel of the others mouths. She whimpered, unconsciecously moving her hands lower down his stomach to toy with the button of his jeans, sliding just her fingertips into the waistband.

The feel of her cool fingers against his overheated skin, snapped him back to reality. He jerked back, as if suddenly burned by the onslaught of her hands. Molly's eyes opened sleepily, not aware yet of just exactly where her hands had been. Squinting she stretched, yawning widely before realizing that she was practically on top of Shane. She quickly scooted back, a frown marring her beautiful features. Clearing her throat, she tried to ignore the obvious postition she had been in.

"How much longer until we're there?" she asked stiffly, turning back to her familiar routine of staring out the window.

"I'd say probably another 5 minutes or so. You've been asleep for the majority of the trip....not exactly good company anyway." Shane said purposefully being snide so that she wouldn't have time to ponder what might have happened between them while she was asleep. Leering over at Molly, he threw her off of the subject.

"You know you still snore."

"I do not!" She said indignantly, straightening up marginally. "And what do you mean still snore? I've never snored in my life!" This time is was Shane's turn to snort.

"As I recall when we were together it sounded like a freight train coming through." Molly eyes narrowed dangerously at his words.

"Well, it's not as if you were ever really there long enough at night to have to endure it, now were you?" she hissed, feeling a little bit better at being able to catch Shane unawares. He looked at her skeptically.

"You never mentioned that me hanging out with the guys bothered you, Molly." Shane said quietly. Molly's bitter laugh bruised his ears as she bit off sarcastically, "It wasn't the guys I minded, Shane....it was the GIRLS." She looked over at him from her place at the window. Shane shook his head, royally confused. Just what in the hell was she talking about? Reaching across the seat, he tenatively touched her hand. When she didn't jump and pull away, he turned it over and twined his fingers with hers. Lifting their joined hands slowly to his lips, he placed the gentlest of kisses on her knuckles.

"Molly, I don't know exactly what happened between us, but I DO know that I never, NEVER cheated on you." He reached out, brushing back a lock of her thick brown hair. "Why would I turn to someone else when my whole world was....IS right here with you?" He took her by the chin and she dragged her gaze up to meet his. His warm brown eyes were filled with unshed tears and Molly could feel herself welling up.

"Shane, I ---- ." She was cut off by the lips that had haunted her dreams for the last year closing over hers in a heart-stopping kiss.Unknowingly, her eyes slipped she and she allowed herself to be pulled under by the familiar sensations. As their lips caressed each other, Shane slid his hand under her sweater, finding her heated flesh. She groaned into his mouth, welcoming the thrust of his tongue. She reciprocated, letting her palms find their way beneath his shirt to smooth across his chest.

Shane grunted at the uncomfortable tightness in his jeans. Needing to ease his ache, he dragged Molly across the seat onto his lap. Immediatley she started to move, rotating her hips sinuously against his inviting his thrusts. She tore her mouth away only briefly so that he could remove her shirt.

Back

 

Reload