Fan Zone | Fan Fic | Brandy | The Mistletoe Encounter

Chapter One

The holidays sucked.

With a weary sigh, Molly Holly, swirled around the amber liquid in her glass one last time before tossing it back. A hiss of air escaped her lips as the sting of the alcohol hit her throat. She deposited the empty glass on a passing waiter's tray and grabbed another. Sipping slowly this time, she looked bleakly around the room at all if the happy couples that were attending Vince's Christmas party this year.

Over in the corner, groping each other and all but having sex in front of everyone were the real-life newlyweds, Kane and Lita. Molly couldn't help but chuckle at what the fans would think if they were to see the happy couple. Chris Jericho and his girlfriend, Stephanie McMahon twirled around the dance floor, so close that paper wouldn't even fit in between them. Christian, not to be outdone by his best friend, had grabbed Victoria and was twisitng along , doing a very complicated dance. Those two were so obvious, Molly thought with a wry grin. Everyone knew they were crazy about each other, despite their attempts at keeping their relationship a secret.

Taking another sip of her drink, she watched her friends get into the holiday spirit. Jeff Hardy had already been around, holding a sprig of miseltoe and kissing everyone that got near him. He'd even planted one on the Big Show, which led to a very interesting chase through the snow covered front lawn of the McMahon's home. When he'd gotten to her, she'd simply smiled and kissed him softly on the cheek. Being the little devil that he was, he'd twirled her around, dipped her and proceeded to lay one on her like no one else before. Molly smiled, in spite of herself. If nothing else she could say that this year she'd had the chance to do what every 14, 15, and 16 year old girl around the world wanted to do -- she'd kissed not one, but BOTH of the Hardy Boyz.

Thinking about Jeff, she automatically scanned the room, her bright hazel eyes coming to rest on the softly laughing figure of her ex-fiance. Matt Hardy sat next to the ornately decorated christmas tree with a very happy Stacy Keibler on his lap, the two nuzzling and stealing kisses when they though no one was looking. A sharp stab of pain hit Molly, in the general vicinity of her heart. It was this time last year that things had started to fall apart for the couple. They'd only dated two weeks when Matt asked her to marry him. Molly instinctively said "yes" and things started to go wrong from there. Had they really only been together four months? She wondered vaguely, turning from the scene. She was glad Matt was happy now. He deserved all the happiness life had to offer.

I, on the other hand, am doomed to spend the rest of my holidays alone, Molly thought. Sighing again, she finished off her drink, the alcohol making her momentarily dizzy. Reaching out for something to brace herself against, her hand suddenly came into contact with a well muscled chest. A deep rumbling laugh reached her ears and she looked up into the brightest blue eyes she'd ever seen. Blushing furiously for staring and stumbling, she righted herself, smoothing down the front of her simple black sheath dress. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."

He continued to smile at the petite brunette and her apparent awkwardness. She'd always appealed to him for some reason. Generally he preferred buxom blondes, but ever since his divorce and her break up with the Hardy kid, she'd been on his mind a lot more than he cared to admit. What he didn't know was that Molly had always had a bit of a crush on the large man, ever since her debut in the WWE. He'd been one of the main attractions then and she'd barely ever spoken to him. Despite that fact, whenever she was in a room with him, she could never manage to keep her eyes off of him.

"No problem. You okay?" he asked, that wonderful drawl soft and soothing to her ears. She nodded, tucking away a stray wisp of hair that had managed to escape the french twist her unruly hair was currently styled in. He didn't miss the nervous jesture or the bright blush that stained her cheeks. God, but she was beautiful.

"Yes. I was just leaving. It's getting kinda late..." she moved to step around him, but he reached out with a strong hand and gently clasped her arm.

"You can't leave yet." At her quizzical glance, he pointed up toward the sprig of mistletoe someone had placed in the doorframe. Her blush deepend and Molly raised her eyes at the rumbling chuckle that came from him. Scowling, she jerked her arm from his grasp and started once again to leave.

"Well, what makes you thin...." not letting her finish, he spun her back around, pulling her tightly against his chest.

"You WANT me to kiss you, Molly. And what's more, I want to kiss YOU." If she'd expected roughness from him, she would've been disappointed. His lips softly parted hers, in a kiss that shocked her clear down to her toes. Tentatively she allowed her tongue to touch the tip of his where it invaded her mouth. A low groan came from him, vibrating her lips and causing her legs to become watery. Abruptly, he ended the kiss and pulled back to see a very surpirsed and properly kissed Molly opening her eyes slowly. Still wrapped in his arms she was startled to realize that she now had a fistful of the black t-shirt he was wearing in both of her hands. Seeing where her eyes had landed, he gave a soft laugh and brushed a light kiss across the tip of her nose.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time, Molly."

"Y-You have? But w-why now?" she stammered, blinking up at him. He nodded and kissed her once more before dropping his arms. Shoving his hands in his pockets, it was his turn to blush as he stared down at the floor.

"I just couldn't stand to see you over there looking so sad." he looked up and reached out, brushing away the tear that slipped quietly down her cheek. "And if you'll let me, I'd like to start showing you how much I want to keep you from EVER being sad again."

The tears, along with the surprised happiness that brightened Molly's eyes were enough of an answer for him. With a grin, he wrapped his arm around her and led her back onto the dance floor. She fit easily into his arms and they glided across the floor, seemingly floating to everyone who saw them, lost in a world of their own.

Across the room, Matt Hardy looked up to see his former fiance dancing with the man he knew had liked her for a long time. A grin tugged at the corner of his mouth. He was glad that Molly was finally happy. She deserved to be treated right, and after his other two failed attempts at relationships, Matt was pretty sure that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin would be the man to do it.

Back

 

Reload